Okay, Okay, my bag collection is already bordering on the Imeldific. But with the proliferation of netbooks everywhere I go, I am sure a lot of users are wondering as to what is the best bag to carry their netbooks in.
In a recent blog, I wrote about how all my daily gadgets fit quite snugly in the TUMI Generation 4 Leather Organizer Tote. Last week, I started ON A NEW PROJECT which requires going to a lot of business meetings. I decided that it is time to use a bag that is more appropriate for business. The TUMI Small Expandable Computer Brief, which I had to get out of the attic, is just what I need. This will be my daily gadget bag for the duration of the current project.
Although it is just a tad larger than the Tumi tote, its being expandable allows me to carry a bit more stuff inside. Take a peek,
This TUMI is able to accommodate quite a load:
- The netbook OS X
- Tekkeon battery pack which provides 4 additional hours to the netbook. It also powers the iPhone thru USB.
- The Capturx Pen and Journal, my tablet PC alternative.
- My 'iBook', which is basically an iPhone 3G situated inside a hacked Moleskine.
- USB HSDPA
- The X-mini capsule speaker.
- The hard to find wireless Nortek Flat WL 2.4 mouse.
The TUMI Computer Brief could indeed carry quite a load without being obtrusive. Mine is made of ballistic nylon.
My iBook is a true conversation piece everywhere I go. I swear, people at the Bucks won't be satisfied with just a casual glance at the iBook. I will be close to retirement if only I could get a dollar every time I am asked the question. "Where did you buy your iPhone carrying case?"