Although I often refer to my collection above as my digital arsenal (since most of the items are in digital camouflage), this blog however is about the digital gadgets that I have used in 2008. You can scroll down this page to see what I am really talking about.
It’s a new year and I have reflected on all the gadgets that I have used during 2008. A lot more gadgets passed through my hands in 2008, but I have only written reviews on those that I have found to work best for me. I’d like to share some of my favorites with you. These are the gadgets that I have used and will continue to use in 2009:
- Nokia E71. One of the longest staying cellphones in the TechnoCop HQ (THQ). I just love its full qwerty keyboard in such a slim package.
- Iphone 3G in a Moleskine. It is one of the best selling phones in 2008. I only use it for voice calls and mostly for listening to music &audiobooks, and also for reading-ebooks.
- XMINI Capsule Speakers. Gotta love the powerful sound from such a tiny device.
- Canon g10 14.7MP DigiCam. This is what I use mostly for the pictures that you see here.
- netbook OS X. It is simply the favored gadget at my workplace.
- Macbook Alum 2.4 ghz 4 g RAM. The latest addition to THQ. This thing is fast and quite portable when compared to the old Macbooks.
- HP2710P Tablet PC. My primary gadget for notetaking and brainstorming in the office. The last remaining PC in THQ.
- Tumi Expandable Computer Briefcase. It fits all of my laptops.
- Waterfield bag for the Macbook and the HP2710P. When I extremely have to travel light.
- Samsonite PRO DLX Backpack. My everyday bag for the ALUM with all my daily gadgets.
- Capturx Digital pen. It has effectively become my Tablet PC replacement.
- Instant Power cellphone charger. The 'PowerCartridge' is a zinc-air battery which connects to your cellphone via a 'SmartCord' connector. The battery will charge your cellphone 3 times and is perfect for vacation, travel and emergency, or anywhere there is no power source available.
- Battery Geek power supply for the Macbook. It gives me additional 2-3 hours of computer time when on the road.
- Kensington SlimBlade Presenter Mouse. The most versatile presenter/mouse I have ever used. It hardly occupies space in any of my bags.
- Fujitsu Scansnap S510M. This scanner works like a miracle in OS X. I will blog about how fast I digitized an entire book with it.
- My DIY Computer Desk. My desk is tethered to the MacPro, scanner, and the Canon iP90v portable printer. For someone who works as hard as I do, I deserve some luxury.
The above may seem like a wish list from Amazon, but they have collectively made 2008 an extremely productive year for me. With all these gadgets working flawlessly as they have in 2008, I think 2009 will be the year where I will be less distracted by new gadgets. Needless to say, I have all that I need for much of my anticipated activities for this new year. Also, the ‘wallet’ will have a lot to be thankful for. So, Bring them on….