I recently found myself in the middle of nowhere with no wifi available. I whipped out the old reliable Nokia E72, fired up Joikuspot and, voila, instant internet hotspot. The latest version is extremely stable and is the reason I did not buy the Huawei Mifi. I then pulled out the iPad and APPLE bluetooth keyboard to start working on this blog.
That is insofar as the hardware requirement goes when working with the iPad. Hereunder are the software that I have been using regularly in the iPad:
On the DOCK
- Penultimate. (2.99) For all handwritten notes which I use together with the Pogo Sketch stylus
- Toodledo. (2.99) To Do list that syncs with all my computers
- App Store
- Office2 HD. (7.99) Handles Word docs, spreadsheets. It even syncs with Google Docs.
- Built-in Calendar. Syncs flawlessly with Google Calendar (All calendars!)
- Built-in Notes.
- Dragon Dictation. Great Dictation software provided you are connected to wifi.
- iThoughtsHD.(7.99) Great mindmapping for the iPad
- Dropbox. My cloud storage of choice
- LogMeIn Ignition.(29.99) Remote access all my desktops
- Kindle for the iPad. I still miss the audio book capability of my Kindle
- iBooks. Only download the free “winnie the Pooh” so far.
- Instapaper Free. Great offline reading
- Cloudreaders. Handles PDF and syncs with Dropbox
- TWC Max+. Weather
- Google Maps
- Wapedia. Access wikipedia
I find the above apps to be sufficient in getting me through each day. Considering that I only paid a total of $51.99 for all my required software, need I say more?
Next up – What’s in my bag?